Green or half-ripe mangoes
masala, curry powder or other spices optional
1. Cut mangoes into slices (any leftover pieces may be used in the mango sauce recipe).
2. Sprinkle the mango slices with spices if desired.
3. Spread slices out on a clean tray or banana leaves and leave in the sun to dry for 2 to 3 days.
4. Turn the slices over 2 or 3 times each day so that they dry evenly. If flies are a problem, cover the slices with netting.
5. Dried mango will keep for several months when stored in a tightly sealed jar, tin or plastic bag.
6. Dried mangoes make an excellent snack food, especially for children.
DATE: November 1986
* * * * * * * * * * * * *