6 cups of chopped mixed vegetables (any vegetables can be used, e.g. pumpkin, green beans, carrots, green pepper, tomatoes, sweet potato, cassava, any dark green leaves)
3 Tbl cooking oil
4 large onions, chopped
4 half-ripe mangoes
1 cup water
½ cup thin coconut cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry the onions in the oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the chopped vegetables, water and coconut cream.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. (Note: Do not overcook the vegetables.)
4. Wash and peel the mangoes. Cut them into slices.
5. Add the mango slices to the vegetables and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot as a vegetable with fish or meat. Six servings.
DATE: November 1986
* * * * * * * * * * * * *