How to make Arrowroot flour:
1. Wash rhizomes, peel skin carefully. The skin will give a bitter taste to the flour if it is left on. The inside of the rhizome should be white and fleshy.
2. Wash the peeled rhizomes and grate into a coarse pulp.
3. Put pulp into a large bowl and pour cold water to cover well.
4. Let the pulp settle, the flour will sink to the bottom of the bowl.
5. Pour off the water and fill the bowl again with clean water.
6. Repeat step five until the water remains clear.
7. Strain, pour pulp onto a tray in a layer 1-2cm thick.
8. Dry in the sun, until you have a dry flour.
9. Store in an airtight container.
DATE: September 1996
* * * * * * * * * * * * *