2 cups plain flour
2 Tbl baking powder
2 cups coconut milk
50 wongais (cut in half)
1. Place flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix.
2. Add enough water to make a dough.
3. Knead the dough until it is soft.
4. Place the coconut milk in a saucepan then add wongais.
5. Heat the mixture until the milk begins to boil. When the milk starts to bubble cut the dough into small bits and roll them into sausage shapes (Domboys). Place the Domboys into the boiling milk and stir well.
6. Leave the Domboys to cook for about three minutes. Do not stir.
7. When the milk reboils, stir the mixture again.
8. The Domboys are eaten by sponging up the thick coconut cream and wongais (like dumplings).
DATE: July 1990
* * * * * * * * * * * * *